Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
FredJ_VI
Club Member

Liga Privada No. 9 - Great !

A friend of mine won a few of these in a contest that Steve Saka of Drew Estates was running and my friend ended up gifting me one. The Liga Privada No. 9 that I tried was a pre-release sample. The construction was almost flawless. It had a nice dark oily maduro looking wrapper with several small veins being visible. The burn was good and it had a very nice easy draw with plenty of smoke. The taste is what I really enjoyed the most ... a nice spicey flavor with some hints of chocolate. This was not a weak cigar by any means, I'd compare the strength too being something similar to that of an El Rico Habano (yeah, baby). It seemed to mello down just a little in the middle and then the spicyness and strength returned to finish with a bang. This is the second new Drew Estates cigar that I tried (first being the Cheteau Real) that I really enjoyed. If the production cigars are anything like the pre-release cigar I tried - I think a lot of you will really enjoy them.
FredJ_VI is offline   Reply With Quote