Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #1
SoccerMasta
Club Member

Second review submission - Camacho 11/18 Toro

Well yet another night in the herfshack with the usual supsects add one more fellow CW member. (4 total, hint for future contest)

I had picked this cigar up last Friday with all intensions of smoking it that Saturday night, but for some reason I did not. I for the life of me I cannot remember why I didnt smoke it, probably the wife asking me to do something that did not allow me time to sit down and enjoy it.

Anyway, here we go.....

The wrapper on this cigar was very smooth, infact I do not think I could see a vein at all on it. The cigar is an odd shape, tapered at both ends and fat in the middle, so I would imagine the ring size would be the middle portion? I estimate it was about a 44 by 51/2 to 6" in length. Clipped the end and took a pre-light draw. Could not really get a sense of the flavor from pre draw but it was a bit tight. (Oh no another plugged cigar?) . Turns out the cigar loosened up almost immediately after lighting, not to loose but firm, the way I like them to be. The smoke starts off a bit mild and quickly turns to a medium strength, maybe half an inch into the cigar. Now the flavors start to kick in. This is probably one of the first cigars that I actually started detecting the woodsy flavors that everyone describes in their reviews. Very nice. Im now about 1/3 of the way into this smoke and the flavor is increasing with every puff it seems. I cannot put a description to the taste, most of the flavors I experiance in cigars are very new to me. Hopefully that will change over time. OK, I had to adjust my posture in the chair once I get 2/3'rds the way into this cigar. We are getting very full flavor now, very robust and rich, a tiny hint of sweetness. I am starting to feel a little buzz from the cigar or it could have been the Paulaner Hefe-Weisen, still on the first one, I do not drink much these days. I keep on puffin on this cigar and it is not changing in strength and Im praying it doesnt get any stronger. I have hit the peak of the flavor and it stays constant all the way to then nub. Oh yes I nubbed the hell out of this cigar. So much to the point that I have welps on my finger-tips and almost got them on my lips. It took me 2 beers and about 2 hours to smoke this excellent stogie. I do ahve to admit I was having a bit of a hard time about 10 minutes after putting the cigar down for good. I was getting a slight heavy feeling in my stomach and a bit of moisture forming on my forehead. I am not sure if it was the cigar or the beer, my geuss is the cigar. I had a simialr experiance last night with a La Flor Dominicana, so I knew the feeling. To much nicotine it would seem. Even though I was a bit peekish, iw ould buy a box of these in a heart beat, if I had the funds to afford them. I give this cigar a 9 out of 10 and are probably my second favorite cigar of all time at present time. My favs change every other month it seems.

I was planning on submitting a review last night about the LFD DL I had but after the Camacho I will have to wait until I try the LFD DL in maduro tomrrow night maybe.

Thanks for reading guys! Sorry to be so long winded and vague. Im trying!

JUST
SoccerMasta is offline   Reply With Quote