Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
clone-k
Starting Member

In various threads throughout this room, I have noticed the shelling these to brands of lighters have taken respectively. I have a different take on both. Here goes...

On the case of Colibri, I have recently purchased my first. It is the Trifecta, and I love it. It seams as if this beast was made to be THE lighter for cigars. I have had no problems with it over the last three weeks, and I purposely refilled it before it needed to be to see if I'd have the problems others are. I have had none. I am using Vector fuel, and they seam to work out quite well together. I have had absolutely no problems except that my son loves to watch me light it just to waste fuel. I love this thing, and would recommend it to everyone at only 64.95. I may have paid retail for this gem if I'd known its true powers sooner.

As for Zippo, it has its definite place. This was the first lighter I ever had. It has sentimental value beyond any price tag. I got it before I even smoked anything. It has scars and dents that represent memories that I wouldn't trade for any St. Dupont lighter. I actually can't wait for the first scratch on my Trifecta so I can start to make it part of more permanent part of my smoking soul. I learned all the lighting tricks on my Zippo, and was quite good at impressing others with my skills. It is over fourteen years old now, and it will always have a wonderful place in my heart. With that said, of course I would never light a cigar with it. In fact if hasn't had fluid in it for over a year. But if you want a cheap piece of history, you can't go wrong with a trusty Zippo.

To me lighters are a lot like a pocket knife. It was a hand me down tradition in my family and many others in this country. It gives us a leap that our ancient ancestors would have leap with joy at. The gift of fire at our finger tips. Whatever lighter you use, just remember the incredible gift it is far beyond the simple task of lighting rolled pieces of tobacco. Collect them, use them, pass them on, and above all remember the good times that they undoubtedly have given you and will give you in the future. Still waiting for that first scratch, even packed up the leather carrying case, and can't wait for that first touch of character for my fine Colibri travel mate. Here’s to many great moments in our future.

Your Pal,
Clone K

Bacon flavored cigars... Now there's an idea.
Surgeon General Clone K's Warning: Cigar smoking is probably bad for you, even if you don't inhale. Please send all of yours and any you encounter immediately to me, so I can dispose of them in an orderly fashion. Vote Clone K for Mooch of the Month!!
clone-k is offline   Reply With Quote