Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
Ringbill

In Recovery...

Well, I attended what I think could be called my first 'herf" last night, although they called it the Havana (Illinois, my hometown) Cigar Festival. It was pretty low key with a few folks from near Chicago and St. Louis, but mostly small town central Illinois folks. Pretty fun.

I am just now getting into the dark side of things (damn you all!), so I thought I'd start the night with my first Monte #2. Well some guy from the Peoria paper is taking pictures and spends about 15 minutes trying to get me to blow a good smoke for a photo. I wanted to tell him I didn't enjoy smoking that cigar that quickly, but the next thing I knew I had a good head buzz and that Monte #2 was gone in about 30 minutes (UGH).

Well that pretty much started it off, enjoyed another from the dark side and my first Hemingway Maddie - pretty good evening. I think I still have residual nicotine in my system but perhaps the headache is due to the fact I tried to drink my way out of the place.

They plan to expand this for next year. I heard many folks remark that it was nice to be in a 'cigar friendly' bar. Of course all bars in Havana are cigar or cigarette friendly. So if it comes around come on to the country for some herfin.

And thanks everyone for sharing this hobby with me - I never would have gone to somethign like this a year ago!

Josh