Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-14-2023, 05:06 PM   #1
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

Opinion On Private Cigar Lounge Access/Policies

I posted this on facebook and now here:

How many private clubs/lounges allow visitors to pay a daily fee for the same unlimited access as regular members while that person is in town?

I am sure there are some, but it is not allowed in any club I have been to across the country. I had limited access, never without being a guest of a member, and certainly not 24 hr/unlimited access on my own.

Or has this business model changed so much?
Old 06-15-2023, 06:23 AM   #2
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Interesting question. The town 30 minutes from here just opened a really nice, first I've heard of in Wyoming, club.

Not sure what their policy is on that. I would think most would work something out, but from your post, apparently I'm wrong. Seems odd they wouldn't do it.

If you want to come to Wyoming for a visit, I'll join the club just to get you in after hours. You can return the key before you leave.

Have to smoke at least 1 cigar with me though

I friggin love cigars
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 07:54 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Sean, that would be a great deal. How often would you be able to go to the place? It would be in your personal interest if you could!

J. D. get on up there, baw.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 08:10 AM   #4
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Sean, that would be a great deal. How often would you be able to go to the place? It would be in your personal interest if you could!

J. D. get on up there, baw.
I can get there as often as you can drive me there from the Veterans Home, since I dont drive anymore. I'd happily give you the key to hang on to in the event I'm unable to go for some reason, so you will still have full access.

I'll find out what they would do about a prorated membership fee, and regular membership fee, as I forget what they said it was.

Keep in mind this is Wyoming, so dont expect leather, mahogany, marble, etc. Its going to be a very basic, minimal lounge. I'm told by someone I trust who has gone a few times it's very nice atmosphere and comfort wise. Cigar prices are comparable to the cigar shop, which is about $3 over best internet price on average, so not too bad considering their overhead.

I'd love to go and smoke a few with you. Even if you arent talking, its nicer to smoke with someone rather than alone.

Plus I'm very curious to check it out. Sometimes not driving sucks.

Heres their "site":
https://www.google.com/search?client...d:CgIgAQ%3D%3D

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 06-16-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:01 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Sean, I am caregiver to an 88 year-old, I work two jobs, 7 days a week, in the Lord's service. Both of those have partially estranged me from my wife, especially, not that I wanted that. There is no going anywhere not named greater New Orleans for the foreseeable future, if ever.

And yes, I would LOVE to visit Wyoming and meet you.
I just know it'll never happen, I may go nowhere, either, for the rest of my life. I can feel it in my bones.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #6
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

Is there a difference to you between private clubs and store lounges? I've been to a few stores in the Hill Country that have really nice facilities for customers and no added fees...
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:41 AM   #7
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Zodi in Georgetown, TX, has a day-use fee, but most of the lounges here have a minimum purchase for guests to use the lounge.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:51 AM   #8
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

We just had a lovely afternoon at Finck's in Helotes.
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:03 AM   #9
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

I'm dying to check out the one nearby. Only cigar lounge I've ever been to is Casa Fuente in Las Vegas

I friggin love cigars
Old 06-16-2023, 10:57 AM   #10
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
I've been to a few stores in the Hill Country that have really nice facilities for customers and no added fees...
The Outlaw Cigar store locally is a good example of that. It's been a few years, but I've even met RoomDog (Derek) at one when he was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth. They now have three locations in the metro area. The newest one is a brew pub with a venue for live music as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
We just had a lovely afternoon at Finck's in Helotes.
I used to buy a fair amount from Finck's in San Antonio and still get one of their catalogs about once a year.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote