Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
Herfzilla
Club Member

Juan Lopez Selection #2

This is one of the more "seldom seen" ISOM marquees that I have always wanted to try, so I was really pumped when I came by a small handfull of these sticks in a split. The cigar was roughly 4 7/8" by a 49 or so ring guage. The box code was CAV MAR 01. The wrapper was medium brown, with just a few veins at the cap end. The wrapper was nice and oily. The cap was a very nice 3 layer with a flatened cap. The feel was very firm and solid. The finish and construction of this cigar was very nice, and reminded me of a darker Punch Punch, other than the veins at the cap.

The prelight smell was absolutely delicious aged tobacco. The prelight draw remind me of the taste of ribbon cane syrup or mollases. I could have sat around smelling this cigar all night without lighting up. Very nice smell. I cut the end with Xikar scissors, and carefull roasted the end with a cedar spill. The draw was just a tad firm, but nothing to really detract from the smoke.

The flavor of the smoke was pure roast tobacco, with nuances of dark chocolate and a peppery finish. This was a very rich smoke that picked up power significantly in the last third. I smoked it to the nub. I would call this a "medium plus" or "light full" flavored smoke. Overall a super rich taste experiance. I believe that this would be a fine smoke to buy a box and let it sit up for a couple of years. A higly reccomended smoke. I think this brand may be under rated by many folks.

This smoke came from a cab. If any of my BOTL's has a Juan Lopez band or two they could turn loose for me to put in my book, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to Guy McBeerdrinker for making this smoke possible.
Herfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote