Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Don Lino Africa

One of the best looking wrappers I've seen on any cigar from any county in a very long time. I thought I was going to have wipe off the oil to keep it from slipping out of my hand. Oddly, it's a habano wrapper which in the past and still to some degree takes some unfair criticism. Mainly due to the early versions which were, thick, veiny and damn near fireproof.

The only habano wrapped cigar that fools me is the Torano's Exodus gold, but I believe this offering from Don Lino is made by the Toranos.

My torpedo was a fantastic looking cigar, and smoked as good as it looked. Straight burn, no relights, and a good draw.

The flavors are every bit as good as the cigar smoked. Deep, rich and complex. All that packed into a solid medium bodied cigar.

This is one of the best new domestic cigars I've smoked in good long while. If you see them, grab a couple. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote