Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
larrynj

jr's whippany,nj continues its' "anti-herfer" camp

the weekend guy/food and beverage mgr. from jr's was rude, demanded $10. per head on the spot, and acted like we were a bunch of low life scum, taking advantage of jr's hospitality. when i offered my credit card, he demanded cash, while holding his hand out, waiting impatiently.said that was his instruction by roxanne, the real f & b mgr. Funny that she has always been polite in the past. but that's to our face. the thing is, we have no problem with the fixed gratuity, or the reservation in advance as originally requested. the problem is the demand for cash, like we are trying to sneak out and dodging our bill. maybe this one guy is the asshole, who knows? it's too late now.

this seems so strange, after 3 years of being welcome there, in a lounge designed for customers to sit and smoke cigars, to be treated like trailer trash, while we have always taken good care of the waitresses, tip-wise, and spent plenty of cash in the store.their posted complaints do not hold water as concerns our monthly group.

jr's owes the jersey gents an apology or they will not be seeing us very often in the future, if at all. but then, maybe that's what they wanted. why, is beyond me. can insulting good customers and driving them away be good policy?

we have some leads on places to herf in the future, and any other possibilities will be appreciated.