Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Question about floral wet foam

I've got foam credos in my coolers and using kitty litter as a back up humidity control in my coolers. I bought the foam for those directly from the local florist here in town a long time back. I swap the foam out with new every couple of years and start my credos over fresh.

Due to my total lack of control here lately, I'm having to set up yet another 120 qt Igloo coolerdor. We stopped at Hobby Lobby the other day and I picked up a couple packages of their floral wet foam to make some additional credos out of.

Now my question.....It says on the paper that it contains floral preservatives. What the hell are floral preservatives and will they do anything to my cigars?

When I've picked it up from the local florist, they just always went in the back and brought me out a slab of it (no packaging). I'm not sure if theirs contained these preservatives as well as not. Just wanting to make sure of any possible problems before I create some.