Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

What's your latest cigar accessory purchase?

Mine was a Vertigo Hornet Quad Torch lighter from CI fo $7.

So far it seems like a nice lighter. Lights the bigger rg cigars fast and evenly compared to my old standby Vertigo Cyclone Triple Torch lighter.

If its anything like them, with quality fuel it should last until i lose it somewhere.

I had the same Cyclone in daily use for 3 years and it works like brand new.

I always use Xikar fuel or more frequently. Neon 11x which is really cheap but very clean. Not even a hint of residue on the torch heads or the sparker after 3 years.

I highly recommend the Neon 11x.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 05:41 PM   #2
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

The xikar purofine - high altitude blended, burns the same - super clean. Also burns hotter. Had to back my flame down once I started using it.
My latest accessory, well, it's the pardo multi tool! Love it. I checked all the ones I bought as gifts, and none had the 'burring' problem. I do have to return one, the large punch just won't twist out! But I over purchased, so, it worked out.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:11 AM   #3
Ljutic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I checked all the ones I bought as gifts, and none had the 'burring' problem. I do have to return one, the large punch just won't twist out! But I over purchased, so, it worked out.
I sent my large punch picture to Pardo directly last week. I didn't expect any response over the holidays. If I don't hear from them later this week I'll post my review to Amazon and return my multi tool. Glad to hear my punch was an isolated problem, but then you have yet another problem. Probably best to buy Pardo stuff through Amazon for their liberal return policies.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
I sent my large punch picture to Pardo directly last week. I didn't expect any response over the holidays. If I don't hear from them later this week I'll post my review to Amazon and return my multi tool. Glad to hear my punch was an isolated problem, but then you have yet another problem. Probably best to buy Pardo stuff through Amazon for their liberal return policies.
Amazon is exactly where i bought mine.

Hope you hear from Pardo. Would be nice to know how good their customer service is

I friggin love cigars
Old 01-02-2023, 08:28 AM   #5
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
The xikar purofine - high altitude blended, burns the same - super clean. Also burns hotter. Had to back my flame down once I started using it.
My latest accessory, well, it's the pardo multi tool! Love it. I checked all the ones I bought as gifts, and none had the 'burring' problem. I do have to return one, the large punch just won't twist out! But I over purchased, so, it worked out.
Got my Pardo tool on the way myself. Glad to here yours is burr free. Was hoping Bruce just got a fluke that missed a step and got missed by QA.

Seems like a great tool, especially for traveling vs my current 4 separate, loose tools.

I friggin love cigars
Old 01-02-2023, 08:37 AM   #6
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
@BigJohn

Whats the story on the high altitude stuff, vs just regular, good butane? Whats the difference?

I use either Colibri Premium or Neon 11x, at 4500ft, with no issues.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 01-02-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:37 AM   #7
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Got my Pardo 4 in one tool today. Very happy. Everything i need in one package vs multiple items i was using before.

Will be much better to take on trips.

I friggin love cigars
Old 02-05-2023, 11:38 AM   #8
Duffer
Administrator
Charter Member

2 new items:

1. Xikar v cut…I finding I like the vcut instead of the double blade cut

2. Govee hydrometer…this I am very excited about

In Memory of Steve Faccenda (TOJE)
Duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:31 PM   #9
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
2 new items:

2. Govee hydrometer…this I am very excited about
Never heard of this. So do you just place it in the humidor or coolidor? Looked it up and prices are all over the place but directly from them less than $12...I am interested.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:06 AM   #10
Duffer
Administrator
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Never heard of this. So do you just place it in the humidor or coolidor? Looked it up and prices are all over the place but directly from them less than $12...I am interested.

i did some research Robert, got it from amazon...lots of folks have been using them. I got the bluetooth version as i do not need wireless. reviews are really good on them and the accuracy is suppose to be pretty damn close...for $18, i'm going for it.

you can place it in whatever you want. Can get multiple sensors and run it off a tablet or phone. Folks put them in tupadors, coolodors, wood humidors or electric humidors, like i have. watched some youtube reviews and they were outstanding.how can you go wrong with swish makers..

In Memory of Steve Faccenda (TOJE)
Duffer is offline   Reply With Quote