Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

IPCPR Arandoza Blue

I checked the internet to read more about this 7 1/2 inch stick and their website has little to no info on sizes or blends. I assume this is the Blue Label because the foot end label said blue but looks different than any pictures I have seen.

The stick is medium brown minimal veins and no soft spots.
The cold draw yields a taste of tobacco and leather and seems to be not too tight or loose

First third.. I get a pepper zing on the back end with hints of leather and nuts. The burn is straight as an arrow and the ash is white and tight. I am getting ample and thick smoke. The head has split a bit and doesn't affect the smoke experience.

Halfway..Still getting that pepper bite, with hints of leather and nuts. I rate this so far at med to full but not too powerful. The burn is a little crooked now but the ash is still tight and holding on. The split in the head has not worsened.
The smoke volume has increased and I tapped the ash after the halfway point as a precaution.

Final third..Pepper has subsided, getting some wood still and earthiness with the smoke lingering in my mouth. The burn is ok and needed a touchup but nothing major. The flavors are enjoyable and not overly complex...
Prelight 9, Light 9, Construction 8, Flavor 9, Power 7. A solid 8.4 and well enjoyed
Old 08-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Christofori
Starting Member

IPCPR Arandoza Blue 7 1/2"

IPCPR Arondoza Blue 7 1/2" x 48?

Weather: Temperature 93° Humidity 18% Pressure 29.79"

Not sure what the ring size was on this cigar, it measured out at about 3/4" so I called it a 48,
I couldn't find any information on line to confirm this, what I did find made it appear to be the Kingsman vitola.

Pre Burn.
The cigar had a couple of veins, one the full length and a second partial one, the color is a mid brown, darker than a Connecticut wrapper but not as dark as the maduro's I've smoked.
The feel was consistent from end to end, a smooth feel with a slight give, the foot was solidly dense, and the cap was nice and clean.
I took a good toke off the foot, and got strong leather with a touch of Cedar.
I cut the cap and took a draw, there was leather, wood and a hint of pepper.

The Burn.
1:30 I toasted the foot and lit the cigar, it lit cleanly and evenly, a flush of pepper and leather filled my mouth.
The smoke had a wonderful creamy mouth feel, and held well in the mouth, the flavor lingered many minutes. the first 1/3rd continued to give pepper, leather and some light nutty tones, there is an over taste of Cedar in the top of the mouth.

1:45 The burn became a little uneven, I rotated the uneven section to the bottom, but that was not enough to counteract the unevenness, so I touched it up and continued.

1:50 The ash that had been holding together well, gray / white blew away in a gust of wind. The nuttiness reminded me of Beach wood or one of the other light tasted woods, (I almost thought Hazelnut, but it was not fully Hazelnut flavor).

1:58 Needed a second touch up, the wrapper along the glue line was not burning as consistently as the filler or the binder, the draw remained good, and there was no bits of filler in the cap, the density remained solid into the second 1/3 rd.

2:06 Still peppery but reduced in intensity, the leather coming to the fore, the mouth feel was maintaining it's creamy nature but now with soft leather overtones.

2:12 Had to touch it up again, filler and binder still burning consistently, but where there are two or more layers of the wrapper, it did not burn evenly.

2:18 The pepper is increasing again, the leather and nuttiness is holding.

2:26 The ash that had been holding well blew away in a gust of wind, it would have been a good day to fly a kite!

Into the last 1/3rd the burn had evened out, the cap was still in good shape as was the rest of the construction, plenty of smoke being produced, good mouth feel.

2:40 The length of the wrapper has remained consistent for the last 5 minutes or so, I suspect that the filler is burning faster than the wrapper.

2:48 The ash fell, exposing the tunneling that I had suspected was happening, the cigar was almost out, so I nubbed it at this time.

Prelight = 9
Light = 9
Construction = 7
Flavor = 8
Power = 7
Average of 8

A pleasant smoke from start to finish, only the burn of the wrapper and the touch ups needing attention.

George Dennison Prentice

Last edited by Christofori; 08-29-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Christofori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Excellently done review. Makes me want to try one if the price is reasonable. Hopefully the construction problems were an anomoly.
Side comment: what is up with some of these newer bands that are so large and garish? Makes me think that these manufacturers are trying to appeal to a younger hip crowd.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #4
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Makes me think that these manufacturers are trying to appeal to a younger hip crowd.
Ya think?

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #5
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Well if ya can't make a good product I guess that will work...

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

But so far the Arandoza products are good.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote