Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Maccabee

Series of Reviews- First up the SWAG DR SOBE edition

First off, i have a new cigar journal and inside of it is a rating system. I can now better review or at least rate my cigars. I have smoked 10 different ones using this rating and this is the first of them. Each part of the smoke has its number rating. Should any of you desire to know each part of the cigar and what it got number wise let me know. I will post the rating first, for those who want to get to the point, and my thought follow.

Name: SWAG DR Cigar lifestyle
Rating: 81 (B-)

I have never had or hear of this cigar it was recommended to me by a tobacconist at BURN of covington, LA.
The label on this thing was kind of big....and i would say ugly. It is a greenish color with a light pink so at glance it is not impressive, in fact i thought the band and the name = get sopmthing else. That said it is well constructed. The feel and smell of the wrap was great, and i got wood with some spice. The cut, light and draw were perfect. Light quickily enough, did not unravel when cut, and the draw was not tight but just right.
The flavor of the cigar is what surprised me as i though this was going to be a waste, judging by appearance and well the name. It did very well on the retro, and the taste was kind of sweet and wood, with some spice thrown in. The burn was not perfect it got a little of balance but it was close enough to not ruin it. The ash was nice a tight held on for a good while. It was also medium to full though i was say a strong medium, my one complaint would be it did have some loose tobacco pieces and that did hurt it a bit as it can be frustrating to have pieces turn up every so often. Also the price was too high (13.50), though this could be BURN as i find most of them to be higher than Habana Port (my HQ).
...Next will be PDR Capa Maduro ( The rating is surprising to me...will explain why in next post)
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote