Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Maccabee

PDR-Thank you mr. Abe Flores

From Pinar Del Rio website:

Reserva Superior Liga Especial

Wrapper
Bahia Brazi
Binder
Dominican Negrito Canca, Lancaster PA, Jalapa Nicaragua (all ligero)
Filler
Dominican Corojo & Nicaraguan Corojo
Body/Flavor
Full
Strength
Medium to Full
Bunching Style
Entubado
Summary
When our retailers and their customers that enjoy PDR Cigars ask us for a fuller body blend, watch out what you ask for. This is a big boy blend that will make you “Man Up” while you are smoking it. This cigar is about 90% Ligero tobacco but when you read the blend it reads like poetry. This is one blend that if you say you like strong cigars, strap in for a wonderful powerful ride.

Torpedo 6.5×52
I was at don leoncio cigars in New Orleans today and smoked two cigars. One of these cigars is the above mentioned, and let me say the summery is true to the smoke.
Macabee Review: Pre-Light: The smell of spice was obvious. I am not sure of any of you know what a barn smells like, and I am not talking about the bad smells but the good points, such as the wood and hay. That is what came to mind when I took in the scent of this cigar. Earth, wood, hay. I worked on a ranch when i was a kid and it really took me back. Walking though the barn were the horses were, and the smell of the environment..once again the good points not the crap (:
Light: This smoke was a very full bodied smoke. The tones were in your face. The description that came to my mind was earthy and mocha. Also, the black pepper tones in the nose were very prominent. About half way through, the profile seem to change to more leather tones. I must say this was a very complex smoke, and not for the faint of heart. This was a strong cigar that if not respected will sneak up on you and knock you for a loop. This was my fist journey with this smoke, and it was awesome. The Capa Oscura is still my favorite of the PDR line but this is a great cigar.
Summery:
Overall: 4-5 (the draw was a bit tight)
Construction: 5-5
Strength: Medium-full (have something to eat before I would say)
Body: Full

Last edited by Maccabee; 06-13-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote