Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Filliphy

Display Humidor - approx 1000 storage

Hi everyone,

Having only been seriously smoking for about 3 years, been bombed and having received a 100ct desktop (gift from my girl), gone through the phases of slowly buying singles, moving onto boxes, creating a coolidor and purchased a 300ct humidor (because the 100ct was just not big enough), I have bought a large display cabinet humidor!

After searching for about 6 months around Australia, and finding nothing, the store owner from the B&M i get my singles from (because it just is the cheapest in Australia) sent me an email saying that one of his friends is trying to sell a cabinet humidor. I arrive at the store one Saturday, and it is standing there almost wanting to be touched! It was beautiful. I continued the pricing talk and we decided on a price and then I came back the next Friday to pick it up. This thing is huge! 6ft tall and about 3 ft wide, it has 5 nice display shelves for open boxes behind a large glass fronted door, and two doors down the bottom which lead to the aging section (that's what I have designated it as) and to the power point for the ultrasonic humidifier, and circulation fan. Eventually got it onto the trailer, and proceeded to tie it down with a piece of rope that really was no thicker than a pencil. Hmm I thought, I'll just have to go around it a few times and hope for the best! Done, and then back into the shop to purchase some cigars. $400 worth, mainly cubans (Monte Edmundo, Esplendidos, 4 Monte Tubos) and some NC's (Don Carlos Habanitos and some macanudos).

Then the drive back. I don't think that I have looked in my rear-view mirror that often when I have been driving than this day. I was very worried the rope was going to break, and it was going to fall and break the glass. But no, it made it home, and we unloaded it into my garage (16-20C temps).

And there it waits until i get the Ultrasonic humidifier cleaned and replaced. Oh it's going to be sweet to pack.

Just in case you want to

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Filliphy/album17

Thanks for listening.

Al.