Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
TopSideNasty

Heartfelt Beads

I just bought some of those hearfelt beads and I was wondering if I can put them in a humidor and also keep the humidifier using the 50/50 solution in as well. I was just wondering if the solution is also transferred into the air, because the instructions for the beads says not to use the solution with it. Thanks!

Charter member of the FFF!
Live life to the Full-est!
TopSideNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Paraphen

It should be fine, I used one of each for a while until I started to get mold on the cigars near the foam-based humidifier and chucked it in the garbage.
Paraphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
jkr
Club Member

Re: Heartfelt Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVickExperience
I just bought some of those hearfelt beads and I was wondering if I can put them in a humidor and also keep the humidifier using the 50/50 solution in as well. I was just wondering if the solution is also transferred into the air, because the instructions for the beads says not to use the solution with it. Thanks!
I would not continue to use the humidifier with the solution for two reasons. One, because it is not necessary. The beads supply the humidity. Two, the instructions for the beads say not to, so I wouldn't.
jkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Smoker06
Herf God

I use both in my humidors (but I never added PG after the first charging). I add water to the humidifiers and let the beads (in tubes) do the regulating. This way I never to add water directly to the beads. Seems to work okay.

My coolers are a little different. Since these beads are in containers (not tubes), I add water directly to them.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
b0rderman
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker06
I use both in my humidors (but I never added PG after the first charging). I add water to the humidifiers and let the beads (in tubes) do the regulating. This way I never to add water directly to the beads. Seems to work okay.

My coolers are a little different. Since these beads are in containers (not tubes), I add water directly to them.
was going to chime in asking if you had 65% or 70%ers....thinking if you had the 65% it would be pointless citing that PG solution is 70%...but smoker has a cool idea here, as long as you leave enough "room" in the beads to soak up the 70% that the solution humidifier is trying to keep the humidity at.
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
Cyclone

I have the beads and keep a container of just distilled water in the cooler as well...

The beads suck up the extra moisture as required...

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer; it just seems longer." -- Clement Freud
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
EricDe
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVickExperience
I would not continue to use the humidifier with the solution for two reasons. One, because it is not necessary. The beads supply the humidity. Two, the instructions for the beads say not to, so I wouldn't.
I would take jkr's advice. I keep tubes of beads only. I don't want to worry about two humidity sources fighting over moisture inside the same box as my precious cigars. That is what is recommended and the humidity is rock solid. I have more tubes than I need so I can take some out and re-charge them outside of the humidor every six months or so as needed.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Viper139

If you do keep PG in the humidor with the beads just make sure the beads do not come in contact with the beads. PG will ruin the beads.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
jaybo41
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper139
If you do keep PG in the humidor with the beads just make sure the beads do not come in contact with the beads. PG will ruin the beads.
Showing your oustanding customer service again, VERY NICE
jaybo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
b0rderman
Club Member

ordered some 65% this weekend, can't wait to set up the cooler
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote