Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2024, 06:33 PM   #1
awesome1
Club Member

Rocky Patel Vintage 2006 San Andreas

Size is robusto. Wrapper is dark, oily Mexican San Andreas.

1st couple puffs has some spice with a little bit of leather. Retro is a medium cedar.

The draw on this is perfect. Just a slight resistance. The cigar looks well made. No soft spots, well filled. Burn line about 1 inch in is perfect.
Spice with a little leather on the palate. Retro has become a mild smooth cedar. I like that.
2” in and slight spice on the palate and a strange background flavor I cant quite describe. Not quite leather but similar. Aroma is nice. Earth and cedar. Retro is still very smooth cedar. Not a long finish. Flavors are gone on the palate fairly quickly. Ash I pretty solid and stacking nicely. Mostly grey with some black flecks in there.

Right about the 1/3 mark and a little sweetness is developing. Retro is just a smooth smoke now with no cedar. That sweetness is slowly becoming chocolate but on a very mild note. Ash was about 1 1/2 inch long so I knocked it off so I don’t end up wearing it. It didn’t fall easily though.

30 minutes in and almost to the 1/2 way point. Retro is still smooth but a mild cedar has returned. So far flavors and strength are on the milder side of medium. That strange flavor is still there. Must be from the 11 year old wrapper. Not bad but not a flavor I would seek out.

Past the 1/2 way point now and strength has picked up to a solid medium. Same with the flavors but thus far not much change in the flavor profile for the entire cigar. See what happens as we approach the last 1/3

Down to about 1 1/2 inches now. Nothing new to report. Nothing has changed much. The leather has changed to an earthy note. The hints of chocolate I got on a couple puffs never stuck around. Still a little sweetness and spice on the palate that still doesn’t linger for very long.

Overall, not a bad cigar. Sort of reminds me of a NC punch punch. Ok cigar and I know someone who just loves that profile and smokes them a couple times a day everyday and that’s all he smokes. This is similar in that it might really appeal to someone who likes the earthy cedar and not a lot of complexity or sweetness. Aroma is very nice and probably my favorite thing about it. At 10 bucks a stick. Definitely priced to high IMO. Probably a good morning smoke with a strong coffee.
awesome1 is offline   Reply With Quote