Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
cigar_jeff
Starting Member

I posted this review sometime back on another site. Thought you all might enjoy it.

Hemingway, Between the Lines....

Holding the stick in the sunlight, it is simply beautiful, the maduro wrap is slightly toothy. Pre-light draw is typical of a Hemingway, leaving a sweetness on my lips. I test it several times rotating as if enjoying a candy cane.

First light draw is slightly tight leaving an ice-cream like taste, reminding me of homemade French vanilla. The burn is rounding the curved foot and is now half light, half dark as it consumes the geometrically perfect spiral. Taste is distinctly Hemingway but the undertones are unique and have smoothed, I almost want to inhale. The aroma hangs in the air and takes me back to childhood days of smelling the local bakery preparing for the next mornings deliveries.

The ash is a pale gray and clings with a harmonious attitude. The draw is superb. The transformation is hypnotizing. At 1 1/4 inches I touch the ash, still structurally solid. Peeling off the band the ash is still a perfect image of the original form.
Night is falling, this cigar is a poetic compliment to an ending day. The accompanying brew only serves to cleanse the palate for the next few draws.

At 2 ½ inches the ash finally succumbs and as all earthly things, a victim of gravity. The flavors are abundant and ever changing, description is difficult and summed with one word; incredible!

The days turmoil has melted to a bliss. The stress, the traffic home, the anxiousness of wanting this smoke all dissolved to a silly smile of pleasure.

Ahhhhh, for the moment life is perfect. With a mere ¾ inches remaining the smoke is put to rest, slowly fading as the sunset disappears to darkness.

This smoke will always be a remembrance.

Rating this pleasure is simply unnecessary as a momentarily perfect pleasure is immeasurable.