Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
ROI

La Gloria Cubana Serie R No 7 Maduro

This was an exceptionally good looking cigar -- flawless maduro wrapper, I couldn't stop myself from smoking it as soon as I got it. It is not quite as wide as the No 6, but it's longer, and I like it better since I usually go for double coronas and churchills instead of monster toros.

The construction was near perfection. The draw is so easy, it spoiled me. I cannot help wonder why more cigars don't draw like this one. Probably the best draw ever, truthfully -- a ton of smoke from each puff.

The flavor is rich, medium bodied, and there is no harshness whatsoever. I prefer more full bodied cigars, but it was far from mild.

Note that I had this after one of Cuba's finest (Montecristo Double Corona Edicion Limitada), and that's a tough act to follow. The LGC still impressed me.

If this cigar were widely available, I would fill at least one of my humidors with just this smoke. It kills me that I could only buy one stick.

If you can find this smoke, indulge. If you have these smokes, email me
ROI is offline   Reply With Quote