Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Exodus 59 50 Years

Prelight - The Exodus 59 50 Years is a new cigar from Torano celebrating the 50 year exodus from Cuba. The first thing you notice about this cigar is the band. On the regular Exodus the band is gold, on the 50 Years the band is bronze which really shows up nicely against the dark habano wrapper. This was the robusto size. The prelight draw was easy and gave a nutty flavor. The wrapper is a dark habano, toothy and small veins were visable.

Ash & Burn - The burn is razor sharp, my only concern was the ash. The ash unexpectantly fell off at the half inch mark. This was the only time that happened as I let the ash grow until the one inch mark before knocking it off.

The Cigar - Upon lighting up this cigar it provided volumns of smoke. The 50 Years starts off with a hearty medium to full strength, with flavors of nuts and coffee. Through the first inch the flavors and strength has remained the same. I also picked up a little spice which is a nice addition to this flavor profile. This make for a really great flavor profile. At the half way point the 50 Years has picked up on intensity. The coffee flavor has been replaced by an expresso flavor which is really making my palate perk up with this newly added flavor. This profile stayed the same for the rest of the cigar.

Conclusion - This is a veru good cigar. After smoking the entire cigar, I's say it more on the full side than medium. The 50 Years has just the right amount of ligro tobacco to give it a nice flavor with out being overpowering. Torano has hit a home run with this cigar.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote