Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #39
cigarfan
Herf God

I hear ya on the selections here. I'm not an every day beer drinker, and really not every week or month. I tend to enjoy it more in the summer months. So I'm not going to a LOT of effort if I can find a few that I like, locally. Such as Sam Adams.. or some of the others I haven't tried yet.
I liked Amstel light ok, but it didn't really impress me that much. But I am trying as much as possible, from what's available.
Variety is the spice of life.
I Found that out with cigars. The old adage about trying cigars, that the next one you try, might be your favorite is true. Same goes for beer, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdeddy View Post
Now to bring you back to a little reality--from another MS boy: take my advice. You ain't going to get most of the beers on this list because of alcohol content and distribution. At least half, if not more. And from someone that has tried most of these beers, take my advice--drive west until you hit the water; find a bridge and cross over; find the largest liquor store, and hope they let you buy singles. (Might have to ice them down yourself, but you really don't want to be drinking many of these and driving back home anyway.)

Other option: 1. Memphis. 2. Travel for work or pleasure.

Especially if you get to D. C.--go to the Brickskeller.

(And all of the states that surround us have much better selections because their alcohol levels are much higher.)

Just another quest. I am a complete-ist, not obsessive/compulsive.