Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2002, 05:43 PM   #1
sd_smoker
Club Member

I've lost track of all the times I've read about how the "original" or "previous" blend of a cigar was so much better than the current one. CAO, La Luna MF, and Mayorga are just a few of the many I have read about. If all these blends are so dang good, why do they keep changing them?! I rarely, if ever, read about a blend changing for the better. Everyone is always reminissing about how they used to taste or rejoicing about finding a box of the old blend. Why couldn't CAO have gone from Perdomo to Tambor(I think?) instead of the other way around? Why couldn't La Luna have gone from Torano to in house instead of the other way around? I can understand needing to expand to meet growing demand, but there's got to be a way to do it without a negative impact on the product. Sorry for the rambling, but I don't get it.

Edit: I may have gotten the names of the factories mixed up, but you get the idea...

"I drink a great deal. I sleep little, and smoke cigar after cigar. That's why I am in two-hundred percent form."
- Winston Churchill

Edited by - sd_smoker on 04/16/2002 7:24:06 PM
"Personal charisma is a force that undermines institutions as often as it sustains them. Political institutions need the more reliable buttresses of tradition and duty. Mass emotionalism and celebrity-worship are hostile to any constitutional system."
sd_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote