Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Doing Thanksgiving Differently This Year

With the passing of Gpa recently the family wanted to do something differently this year for Thanksgiving. We have ALWAYS done the traditional Thanksgiving meal the only variance is if the turkey is baked, fried or smoked. And it's always been at one of three houses (mine, SIL or BIL).

This year however we are in the Outerbanks of North Carolina for the week. We have been coming here since we were kids but never during Thanksgiving. But, here we are AND no turkey this year. We are doing a Low Country Boil! I cant wait! I love LCB! No all day cooking and not much cleanup.

My boils have crab legs, shrimp, mussels, corn on the cob, carrots, potatoes, andouille sausage, kielbasa sausage, garlic, lemons, onion and Cajun seasonings. And served with crusty garlic bread.

I figure if we get homesick for a turkey we can do one at Christmas vice a ham.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote