Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
FredJ_VI
Club Member

Liga Privada #9

Last evening I was fortunate enough to try one of Steve Saka's (of Drew Estates) Liga Privada No. 9's at a charity funraiser for the Rhode Island Assoc. for Cardiac Children. The construction was almost flawless. It had a nice dark oily maduro looking wrapper with several small veins being visible. The burn was great and it had a very nice easy draw with plenty of smoke. The taste is what I really enjoyed the most ... a nice spicey flavor with some hints of chocolate. This was not a weak cigar by any means, I'd compare the strength too being something similar to that of an El Rico Habano (yeah, baby) but not really over powering. It seemed to mello down just a little in the middle and then the spicyness and strength returned to finish with a bang. This is the second fairly new Drew Estates cigar that I tried (first being the Cheteau Real) that I really enjoyed. For those of you who haven't had a chance to try one, I suggest that you do. I think that you will really enjoy them.

Now I'm really looking forward to trying the new Liga Privada No. 9 T52 "stalk cut habano" created for Steve Saka's personal enjoyment. My understanding (according to Dave Lafferty local sales rep) is that this cigar was released recently at the New Orleans IPCPR show. It also is a departure from the flavored cigars and budget sticks Drew Estate is known for, the Liga Privada T52 is suppose to be quite complex. The wrapper is a new wrapper never before used called the "stalk cut habano". I believe there will be a limited release to stores in the next couple months.
FredJ_VI is offline   Reply With Quote