Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
ParaGod
Club Member

Zino Platinum "Scepter Series"

Well here is another question on value. I just saw this cigar at my cigar shop and I found out that this is not the Zino Platinum "Crown Series" but a lesser line. They are going for about 10.65 to 18.75 per cigar. Has anybody tried these?
ParaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
ParaGod
Club Member

So what your telling me is that nobody has heard of this label.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:44 AM   #3
renoles

PG - the shop I part time in just got these in...will be having one on the way in today...will post thoughts here late tonight, early tomorrow am...from outside appearances and aroma these look to be great...only by fire shall ye know...
renoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:48 AM   #4
TOJE
Herf God

Never heard of em.

(_<CAO>_____]]]]~~
TOJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
JoCigar

I just took delivery yesterday.

The marketing and packaging of this product is exceptional; brochures, bags, posters, shelf displays and a nifty canister... However, it is my opinion that this cigar offers nothing more than you would get from a macanudo or a private stock cigar at three times the cost.

It would have been a great opportunity to introduce a new and exciting cigar but they opted for a plain cigar with a great label

I would love to hear what other thought of them, LMK
JoCigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #6
JHuber

I believe these are fairly new to the marketplace, however, I am smoking a 'SHORTY' as I type this...

Packaging is nothing short of stellar and to be fair, I would NOT compare the flavor profile to a Macanudo - the one I'm smoking has more spice/kick than a Mac. Construction is nearly perfect - IMHO, this little petit corona shows a lot of character and depth in terms of flavor.

"CHANGE THE RULES"
JHuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:53 PM   #7
ParaGod
Club Member

Sounds like I need to give this cigar a try.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
renoles

I had the Stout on the drive to the shop this afternoon. I agree with you Jon...very much so not the Mac profile. The Stout had lead me to believe this would be a bit more intense than it was, however, this was a very good smoke. Medium-mild, hints of spice and cedar. I had a creamy sweetness for the majority of it. The construction of this one was excellent. The ash was a bit loose, but over all the cigar was firm, with only a couple of very minor soft spots. I had no trouble drawing and it was as if channels had been planned into the roll to make the draw so easy. I had mountains of smoke...something that means a good bit to me. To the others who've tried these...I was told each shape is a different blend. Is this the case? This is a cigar I put in the realm of I'd buy four or five to put away in advance of a special scheduled event.
renoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #9
eduardo
Club Member

I picked up a Stout and a couple Shortys today, can't wait to give em a try
Old 06-18-2003, 12:39 PM   #10
JoCigar

Anyone else try these? I had a grand master and two shorty before offering my opinion. Maybe I should give them one more chance based on the reviews.
JoCigar is offline   Reply With Quote