Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Numus

Dont miss this Joe's daily deal

http://joecigar.com/
For today (11/2/10 also known as election day) it appears CI is doing devils weed for 27.50 a bundle for the churchill... this has quickly became my favorite yard-gar/golf light cigar and the price seems amazing! Just thought i would share
Numus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
maierar

Your assessment of the cigar and the price are both accurate. If anything, I would give the cigar one slight notch up.
maierar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Master Gates
Club Member

have these changed at all or is this just a closeout of old stock? Seems I remember them as a botique cigar that got pretty good reviews. Or did CI buy the rights and start making a different blend?
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numus View Post
http://joecigar.com/
For today (11/2/10 also known as election day) it appears CI is doing devils weed for 27.50 a bundle for the churchill... this has quickly became my favorite yard-gar/golf light cigar and the price seems amazing! Just thought i would share
Thanks Numus!

FWIW.....Devil's Weed Churchills (and other sizes) can, with a small amount of patience, regularly be had on CigarBid for $22 a box.

I agree, it's one of the nicest mild smokes going.

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Gates View Post
have these changed at all or is this just a closeout of old stock? Seems I remember them as a botique cigar that got pretty good reviews. Or did CI buy the rights and start making a different blend?
Same stuff! Its quality IMO!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
bigw
Club Member

The bundle I got all cracked at the end..Not for me
Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigw View Post
The bundle I got all cracked at the end..Not for me
They used to come in the nice boxes. Now they are bundled and I don't think as good. Not that a box makes the cigar but the wrapper seems subpar and a much looser draw. In short, not bad but it now seems like a bundle cigar. Of course when your spending under $30 for 20 cigars can't really bitch too much
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
They used to come in the nice boxes. Now they are bundled and I don't think as good. Not that a box makes the cigar but the wrapper seems subpar and a much looser draw. In short, not bad but it now seems like a bundle cigar. Of course when your spending under $30 for 20 cigars can't really bitch too much
Hmm, Ive never seen them in a bundle. When did this start? I didn't think they kept producing these.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
Hmm, Ive never seen them in a bundle. When did this start? I didn't think they kept producing these.

If you just place an order for them they still come in a box. I've got three boxes, smoking from two of them, and I haven't had any wrapper issues at all.

I'm not sure what it is with Joe, Monster, Cbid, etc... but it seems like the huge bulk of what they sell anymore are in bundles. Not sure if it is just to make the shipping weights lighter, they just need a supply of empty boxes they can also sell, or what the deal is!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
bigw
Club Member

My bad,,they came in a nice wooden box,,however,,over half of them had split wrappers and the foot end was either cracked or torn