Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 AM   #1
mrkmitch
Club Member

Camacho Corojo Diploma

Smoked my first Camacho Diploma last night. Wow, what a full flavored, full bodied cigar. I was surprise by the consistancy and complexity of the flavors though out the length of the smoke. The corojo wrapper had a dark brown smooth appearance, the pre light flavor and aroma was enticing. The burn was consistant, requiring no touch lighting through the entire smoke, producing a medium gray ash. The last inch (I did nub this one) was a treat as the flavor built to a crescendo of complex pepper, woody and leather, never getting harsh or bitter. This is a bold smoke and one to be savored with an appropriate accompanying beverage, or as a "desert" to a great meal.

I'm not one who usually grabs for a Honduran smoke, but the Diploma will become my exception. If you get the opportunity to pull one of these, do it.

FYI
Here's the manufacture's marketing blurb on the cigar line:

"The Camacho Corojo is a knee-knocker with a remarkable, potent flavor. These cigars are known for having captured the taste of Cuba. A top-notch smoke handmade in Honduras with 100% Jamastran Corojo leaf. Received a tremendous ’93’ rating from Cigar Aficionado.

The Diploma Ltd. size is hard to find and even harder to put down. Produced in small numbers, this cigar utilizes only the best wrappers from the top of the leaf, called the corona, and the tobacco is aged even longer than normal. Hold onto to your seat though, this is one strong cigar."

Enjoy one, I know you will
mrkmitch is offline   Reply With Quote