Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Guv
Internationally Soccer Challenged
Herf God

"OLD HENRY" by Don Pepin Garcia

My first review ever here at CW so please be gentle...

"OLD HENRY" by Don Pepin Garcia

Size - Toro
Country of Origin - Nicaragua
Date & Time – November 29, 2006 @ 4pm - First and only smoke today
Drink – Lennard’s Crossing Shiraz
Cut - Double Blade
Lighter - Torch
Price - $5.50

APPEARANCE & CONSTRUCTION = 4.5/5: The cigar was near perfect in every way. The wrapper had very little veins and was literally smooth as silk with a milk chocolate color and a very pleasant pre-light scent.

BURN = 5/5: This cigar burned evenly through and through, never needing to be relit. (and smoking this one outdoors makes this even more impressive).

DRAW = 5/5: The draw remained true throughout the whole cigar with a full mouthful (but not over powering) puff of smoke everytime.

AROMA = 3/5: Since I smoked this outdoors in about 55 degree weather, aroma was not prolonged enough for me to comment.

FLAVOR = 7.5/10: I have found my taste leaning heavily more toward Habanos lately, but this is definitely one of the non-cubans I would go back to again and again. This cigar started off very spicy but quickly settled down to give much more than just a peppery spice throughout the remainder of the cigar.

TASTE/AFTERTASTE = 8/10: There was very little aftertaste or burning hot until I got to the final couple of minutes of smoking, but it definitely did not stop me from “nubbing” this cigar.

OVERALL QUALITY: = 8/10: If you are a fan of Don Pepin Garcia, then this is a definite must smoke cigar. It to me appeared to be a bit on the full side, but I like my cigars a bit on the strong side.

TOTAL SCORE = 41/45