Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Gurkha Seduction-short review

So, last night - after surviving Black Friday (by sitting it out...) the son and his girlfriend took my wife to see the last Twilight movie. Bleh. After the movie, I met them out at one of our favorite local spots - Loco's, in Alpharetta GA.

The Saturday before I'd attended the customer appreciation party at Tobacco World in Marrietta, GA, and found myself buying a few cigars I'd not seen before - lots of the manufacturers reps were there, but that's another post altogether.

One of the cigars I picked was a nice looking toro from Gurkha, the Seduction. It was that stick that I chose, on a whim, to burn while out with the wife, son, and his gf.

Clothed in a seductively dark maduro wrapper, the cigar was truly a thing of beauty. No flaws in the wrapper, just a few light veins, and to the touch a nice evenly firm fill within. Unlit, the cigar had a nice earthy aroma. The cap cut through cleanly (love my xicar) and the pre-light draw offered subtle hints of what was to come.

I toasted the foot gently, and, with good conversation and two fingers of Makers Mark - neat - began the journey.

First few puffs of the cigar, a glorious cloud of aromatic smoke, the earthy flavors of leather and subtle spice greated my pallet warmly. As I continued to smoke, the flavors built to a medium bodied profile, the leather and woodsy flavors continuing, with undertones of light cocoa on the front of the tongue.

The draw and construction of the cigar were perfect. Not once, even despite two trips to the mens, did the cigar require a touch up or a relight. The flavor profile was consistent, as was the strength, a perfect complement to the warming vanilla and charred oak of the Makers Mark.

Before I knew it, half way through bourbon number two, I was holding a hot nub of a cigar, drawing a final puff before laying it to rest.

Is this a dynamic, flavor changing, twisty little cigar? nope. It's not an attention whore at all- rather, its a comfortable smoke - one that you can thoroughly enjoy without giving it much thought at all until it's about to burn your fingers.

I'll give this 3 out of 4 stars, to be sure. It's sure to be one that I'll keep on my list - a sure winner for less than $8.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote