Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Boxdoctor
Herf Meister

CHITOWN HERF VI

Here are the particulars for the annual Chitown herf for 2007 ( Number VI ) :
Dates : Friday July 20- Sunday July 22
Schedule of events :
1) Friday July 20 3pm- ?? Preherf on my deck with the usual food and libations ( Yes.. Laurie IS making the famous 7 layer salad again ) !!
2) Saturday July 21 1pm-?? Main Herf and auction at Jaks Tap 900 W Jackson in the west loop... great food and 40 types of microbrew on tap !! Annual auction with monies donated to the Chicago Womens Service Club. There will be several boxes of cigars as well as some nice ascessories. This followed by the famous " one dowwah game auction " for rare and newer single sticks donated by various BOTLs.
3) Sunday July 22 10am Closing brunch at the eclectic Riverside Cafe @ 1700 W Cortland on the North side. Everything from tex-mex to cajun to Filipino and French. Outside tables are available on the patio and there is a no smoking ordinance in effect now for all Chicago resturants that do not have a SEPERATE vented area for smoking . We are fine at Jaks as we have the same side room we have had in the past.
The usual possibilities exsist for other recreation ( Cubs, Whitesox, local concerts, the lakefront and Lincoln Park Zoo). I will try to assist those needing accomodations for hotel and event tix as I have done in the past.
We have a larger core group of local BOTLs this year and all and families are welcome. I hope attendence will be up this July and I will top this on a weekly basis as we draw nearer to the dates.
I look forward to seeing all the old and some new faces this year.
Best Mark Davis aka Boxdoctor ( DOC ) !!