Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Bolivar Fuerte Delmonico

Bolivar Fuerte Delmonico

6 1/8 x 50 ring
Shape: Parejo
Wrapper: Ecuador Sumatran
Binder: Connecticut
Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua
Origin: Honduras

This vitola had been resting in my humidor at 70F/65% RH since early November of 2004 so it was more than ready for this session. I don’t remember exactly how I landed this gem but I think in came in the JR Halloween Surprise Package I bought that year. All this time it remained in the cello, which had taken on a yellow hue.

The construction was excellent though the appearance was somewhat rough with some pronounced veining and a few lumps and bumps. The wrapper was an appetizing dark brown with a satiny sheen.

The pre-light aroma was that of dry grain with a subtle spicy note. I used a punch on this one, the sturdy well made cap yielded without incident. The pre-light draw was spot on and the flavor was bready and smooth.

This was a medium body, medium flavor cigar of moderate complexity. The foundation flavor was a meaty combination of barley and coffee with hints of vanilla. The texture was exceptionally smooth and creamy start to finish. The middle third introduced a subdued spicy component. The final third overlaid a very appealing toasted tobacco flavor. The moderately long finish was clean and satiny smooth throughout the session. No evidence of harshness or bite was detected, right to the finger burning nub!

I really enjoyed this cigar. The only problem is….it was the only one I had!

Thanks for reading my review!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote