Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Burning mouth syndrome

I have been susceptible to burning mouth syndrome for as long as I can remember. It is a medical condition. Not a slang term. Basically it is what it sounds like. I have it on my tongue only and not the rest of my mouth, small favor that though. I don't walk around with my tongue burning. It has to be triggered by something. My love, and my collection of, hot sauce is out of the question. Burning mouth makes most food taste dry and salty (which is why I constantly crave sweets) and never mind what it does to the flavor of a good cigar. They all taste the same - hot and dry. That is why I like my cigars around 70rh which is somewhat difficult to maintain, especially in dry Colorado, but it helps a bit. However I mainly don't smoke at all. Its a waste of a good cigar. But the worst thing about it is that it can last a very long time. Up to a year. But this latest one is at least two years if it's a day.

It's great for aging my cigars though!

Anyway I recently moved from dry Colorado to Pennsylvania where the rh is much higher, and not only is it easier to maintain my cigars but the burning tongue has subsided by quite a bit. I think I am ready to enjoy a good cigar now. I planned to have one today but it is pretty cold, around 30, not that I haven't done that before but the wind chill is pretty high. If the wind subsides I am going to fire one up. Please pray to the cigar gods for me! If I start coming around here again, well now you will know why.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I really hope it works out. It is a pass time that I also set aside for a bit but for different reasons. I hope you enjoy its return as much as I did.

Best,
J.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Ringo let us know how it worked out.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
CSMAnderson
Herf God

I feel for you. That really sounds like an awful symptom you are putting up with. Sorry!
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMAnderson View Post
I feel for you. That really sounds like an awful symptom you are putting up with. Sorry!
Thank you.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:42 PM   #6
Ringo
Club Member

I am pleased to report that I have smoked and enjoyed two cigars since I last posted! Back in the saddle yo. Both were Drew Estate stuff, not the ACID but one was a Dirt pc and the other the new Jucy Lucy piramid. I always loved those Dirt pc's and the new Jucy Lucy is quite nice as well. I plan to start reviewing again, not just yet because I need to recover my skills but that will happen eventually. You guys always liked my reviews and I liked writing them.

It's so nice to be able to enjoy cigars again. Don't ever take them for granted.