Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Need help with some aged and super rare Fuentes

Hey all I have been gone for a couple of years due to problems with my palate. It used to come and go but this one came and never really went. But it has slowly and finally been getting better. I have not smoked a cigar for at least a year, which explains why I stopped posting. I would literally get jealous of you guys enjoying your smokes! Hopefully I can enjoy them again in spring.

Anyway I have had some of these Fuentes for fifteen years or more. The last time I smoked one it was fantastic and it was probably about thirteen years so I am not too worried about them being past it.

As you can see some of them have a year on the label although I don't know why. TAA maybe? I don't know. But the rarest one of all is the Forbidden X glass tubo. I saw a few discussions in various places talking about Fuente and glass tubos and most of the people say that they never existed at all but others said they did but you will never see one. Well. here is one to see. I cannot remember the year that I got it though. It was in a gift set around Christmas. I just know that I got it in 2003-2005. That is definite. I got it from Holt's. Another clue is that there is no year on the Forbidden X and I think they started that in 2004. If that is the case then this one is probably a 2003. And I am almost positive that 2003 was the first year for the Forbidden X and that at the time you could only get them from Holt's in the gift set. I remember reading something like that I am wondering if anyone remembers something like this. Oh yes I had the cigar out of the tubo for aging so it did not get dried out

BTW - the Ashton VSG on the far right, I got that one at the same time as I got the Forbidden X.

Thank you!