Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
mherklots

ProCigar Festival

Ladies and Gents,

First, my apologies for not being more active online, but unfortunately I've been TOO active off line and haven't been able to post for a while- WHICH leads me to my second apology about the last minute nature of this invitation.

I did a little searching and didn't see a thread on this already, but if there is- TOMMY, please move me to the appropriate place.

March 5-7 is the first ProCigar Festival, to be held in the Dominican Republic.

I'm hosting a group of no more than 25 people to attend the festival. My group will all stay together at Camp David Ranch, all travel together and get the tours together- and we're sure to get some extraspecial 'davidoff group' treatment. We'll host a special welcome party for our group at the hotel on the night of the 4th. Transportation will be arranged. Meals will be provided. I've got room for about 5 more people if anyone is interested. All the specifics for the trip are located on www.procigar.org, or you can email me as well. mherklots@davidoffusa.com

it's sure to be a blast!

the festival ticket price is $595
you'll need to pay for your airfare (transportation from STI airport to hotel included)

All the best,
Michael
mherklots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

There WAS another thread on this somewhere, and I can not find it just now, I was going to top it.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Yes, it's different, Tommy. These guys aren't giving anything away (tickets cost $595 and you have to pay your own airfare), and they're not tryung to lure CW members to a competing site. Their site link doesn't work anyway.

IMO, we leave it be.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
mherklots

this is purely an invitation to join a group going as a group and traveling as a group, as opposed to just going on your own and being "grouped" with a bunch of other people.

We don't collect any money (As a store). Each guest pays for their ticket through procigar.org, pays for their own airfare with the courier of their choice (and procigar will provide transportation for our guests), and for the hotel (should be about $60/night). We will have some additional cigars and get a little extra love and attention, but only because of the personal relationships already built with the manufacturers.

This is not a solicitation for business by any means- just thought it would be a cool experience for folks to join in on.

mh
mherklots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
big ben
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
There WAS another thread on this somewhere, and I can not find it just now, I was going to top it.
I topped the one I think you're talking about.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.
big ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 AM   #6
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

As much as I'd like to participate I will not be able to go. I just wanted to to say thanks Michael for offering this up to your CW family! Very nice!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote