Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #41
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Alec Bradley Seconds Gran Toro (6.5x54). Got these from JR's. CI has a version as well that is packaged different and seems to be a different cigar. The JR version is okay. I've had a couple I thought were pretty good and a couple that weren't. I'm trying to keep hands off to let them dry out some. I think that might improve them.
My buddy gave me a CI short robusto. Lighter wrapper. He had forgot he had them until I mentioned I had bought some. His were pretty dry. Seemed wrapped tighter, burned and tasted better.
Time will tell.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #42
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Smoking more of the Alec Bradley seconds from JR. These are smoking great now! Nice oily reddish brown wrapper (corojo?), even burn, good flavor. Going to get more next time they are on sale.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #43
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cain FF lancero, last night, thanks to Keith (Stogie5150)
This was a good cigar, but I don't get the "lancero-love." The last couple IPCPR shows I attended, the buzz from the members was "x is making a lancero!" "Y may make a lancero" and I get that these can be fine, elegant cigars. However, last night's cigar burned a bit too hot the entire time, and I went slow, it lasted over an hour.

I am willing to try more, and even another in this blend, because it seemed solid and tasty. However, I would likely have enjoyed the flavor more and the burn less in a larger ring vitola.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #44
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Lanceros are a difficult roll. That's why Saka has only done one. That said, it's still my favorite vitola. Foundation, Kristoff, 7-20-4, and several others are worth seeking out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #45
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Been smoking seconds and bundle cigars and such. But today I smoked a Marrero Fuerte Gran Toro. Dang thing was heavily box pressed. Dark brown wrapper, nice looking. It was indeed fuerte with a nice richness and a good flavor. Burn was off. I blame the box press. Pretty good cigar that would be much better if it was a cylinder.