Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
Cheakamus
Owner Emeritus
Club Member

I tend to agree with you guys about Cloutier. He's the achilles heal of the team. When he's hot he's amazing, but he's just not consistent enough. They also lack enough confidence in their depth. They've got some stellar guys on their second and third lines who just don't seem to come to play every time.

I've finally had a chance to see a few games of there's since getting NHL Center ice. The guy who blows my mind is Todd Bertuzzi! He reminds me a lot of Gordie Howe - strong as a bull and smart play sense. Several times now I've seen him hold off a defender with one arm while handling the puck with the other and actually getting a solid pass off one handed. That's a classic Gordie Howe move as I recall.

Anyway, I think the canucks can make it to the Conference finals if not the cup finals, but I doubt they've got what it takes to go all the way. It will be an interesting trade deadline for them...

Scumbag #666
---
"Gosh I am god betting major publication of to get cigar news out " - Adminonymous
Cheakamus is offline   Reply With Quote