Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

House blend aeromatics don't age well

Anniversary, North Sea, and Cherry Blend, are three popular aeros by Tinderbox. They smoke mild and sweet, and the room mote is pleasant. I have not been into aeros for a long time. Decided to try a bowl. I have a jar with all three mixed together. There was a time this blend actually tasted good. 6 years later, this stuff tastes terrible. Just awful. I am now convinced house blended aeros do not age well at all.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Interesting and I wonder why. Could it be the flavoring and other additives?

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

This does not surprise me. I presume that they are flavored nAturally, with natural products. If the raspberry, strawberry, cherry, whatever they have been made with is real and o organic it won't last forever. Chocolate butter can go rancid, any oils can. Fruits will break down. The aromatic components will go bad or just wear out. Simple tobacco isn't going to do that, it's already broken d o wn as far as it will go. Otoh, I've seen what happens to ten year old strawberry preserves, and caramels.

I wish I knew a good cherry or berry blend to smoke indoors, something strongly aromatic that will be acceptable to my wife. Trying to figure that out in c&d,McClellan, any of the brands is like calculus.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 AM   #4
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

I assume the horrible flavors are because of the toppings or casings they add for flavors. I noticed the tobacco is still very spongy. When I examined the tobacco, the black Cavendish is thick and full of oils. Nasty tasting stuff.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Right now the smell of rancid peanut butter is floating through the sinuses of my darkest memories.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote