Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Double standards of Smoke Nazis

I read in my newspaper this morning, two more Hospitals are banning smoking in their building and anywhere on their property.
I don't have a problem with that. I really don't. I think if you own property, you have a *right* to tell visitors they cannot smoke, or chew..or drink diet coke, if you like.
That's all well and good!

HOWEVER....it's a double standard when a Bar/Grill..or restuarant that is privately owned, is FORCED by the govt to ban smoking. If the owners want to ban smoking, that should be THEIR choice..not the govts'!
I believe the customer base will make that decision for them, and it's a non issue, that the govt is making into an issue.
Why?
It's called getting a foot in the door.
We're already hearing about banning smoking in cars where children are present. Next will be calls for banning smoking in private homes where children are present.
The bottom line, the smoke nazis want to tell smokers (of all types..cigar/pipe/cigarette) what they can or can't do on their private owned property.
BUT nonsmokers, have a right or decision to ban smoking..because it agrees with the smoke nazi agenda.
Double standard!