Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #1
scottsins

just got cold here...rh drop!

i had been having difficulty w/my sams-a-dor, so I got another desktop used that I knew would hold. Anyway, I ordered a punod of beads, since i only had the 1/4 lb. in the sams-a-dor. Well, splitting up the entire pound b/w both boxes was working nicely. added water about 3 weeks ago. some fluctuations occurred but they self corrected nicely. even the sams-a-dor was living up to it's reputation with the added beads.

then, in the past 2 days, we went from mid 70's/low 80's to mid 50's. gotta love texas!

the RH in the new box dropped to 61% and I don't know about the sam's one, since i only have one hyg (salt0tested by the way).

I decided to add water to all of the panty hose puches.

Is this normal with temp drops, and should i have waited to add water?

Finally, I just opened up the panty hose and poured 2 or 3 TBSP's of water directly onto the beads from the dist. water bottle. heard a little hissing and cracking, and some water dripped through on the floor. I just tied the hose back up and kind of worked the beads around in the hose to try and spread the h2o around.

am i doing this right? I don't have a mist sprayer, and I got tired of microwaving a little cup of water and leaving it in the box.
scottsins is offline   Reply With Quote