Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Building my own humidor *updated questions*

Ok ya'll, the wife says that I'm going to have to put off hopes of building my dream car for at least 5 more years (hey I'm young, i can wait). But I still need something to build. I've decided to build a Humidor/wine chiller. It will be the height of a sideboard and the left side will be open to slide a 24/30 bottle freestanding wine chiller, and the right will have a door with 2 shelves and a drawer for singles and will be approx the same size as the chiller. I'm not sure as to the count yet, we are still in design stages.

Question 1: What is the best wood to build the body of the sideboard out of?(spanish cedar will line the interior of the humidor side and make up the shelves)

Question 2:Should I use active or passive humidification for a humi of this size?

Question 3: Will interior lighting and electric fans affect the temp/humidity of the humidor?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated as this is my first project of this magnitude. Design plans to come..

Thanks in advance
Dave
DCarp is offline   Reply With Quote