Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
1 Leg Lance

Question for the Fridgador Folks

Well it looks like the closetador is gonna get shut down in favor of a fridgador. I just can't get the temp below 70. Fine for the winter here in Phx but in the summer we let the house get up to 80 and that just won't fly for the cigars. www.dieselrepair.com/stuff for pics of it while it stands. I will try to update with latest pic before I shut it down.
Now for my question for the fridgador folks. I have access to an older smaller whirlpool fridge (wine cooler no good due to not enough capacity). It is the kind with 1 door and a small freezer in the top with it'sown plastic door.
I have heard that Johnson Controls make a replacement control to allow the temp to be raised above factory settings, you know the ol' 1-9 wheel. Anyone have a model number or website that sells these. I would like digital for precise control. I already have the humidifer set up but I am thinking about the digital set & forget model...experiences???
All thoughts welcome and of course I will post pics once the conversion begins.
Thanks in advance,
1 Leg Lance