Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #34
skeezix
Starting Member

I do a lot of veneering, so I used the same glue on the cedar. Worked like a champ. I did this the same time I siliconed the seams to permit plenty of time for off-gassing. I gave it a week before I shut the doors for the first time. Seemed to be plenty of time to rid the cabinet of any off-gassing compounds, as my olfactory sensor no longer detects any silicone odors.
I'm certain you would be able to use any good woodworking glue. Stay away from Elmer's Glue-All and < a h e m > stick with a professional grade of glue. Think "Longevity", and remember wood is alive and expands and contracts, especially in a humid environment.
To fit the cedar to the back, I first cut a piece of cardboard the EXACT size as the back. Then I laid it on my workbench and fit the cedar pieces sorta like a jigsaw puzzle -- did a little cutting here and there to make things fit just right. When it all fit and looked great, I marked the cardboard with the place of each piece and just glued in the pieces according to the "template".
skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote