Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
The JD
Herf Meister

Customized Fan and Containers PICTURES ADDED

***EDITED*** My friend Mandy let me borrow her digital camera so I finally go tthe pictures taken. Since I don't have a gallery on CW yet, this web page is going to be temporary. Anyway, here they are. This is my first time using this web page, so if there are any problems, let me know.

http://www.picturetrail.com/thejd

***END EDIT***

So I finally finished customizing my fan (Well, mostly. I have a few touch up details to do still, but it's operational.) for my Montecristo Pyramid Humidor. For those of you who don't already know, I wanted to customize a small fan to keep up with the Montecristo theme. I have a small computer fan inside a Monte tin, with two thin wires coming out of the front of the humidor. It looks really slick and I'm trying my best to find a digital camera so I can post up the pictures. It doesn't feel like it moves much air, but it gets the job done. I've already left the humi open for a few minutes and let the humidity drop and then checked the humidity throughout the day. I even moved the hydrometer to different places in the humidor and they all read the same. So I'm glad that worked out well.

Also, I've taken the extra Monte tins I have and began drilling small holes in to them so I can make Climaxx bead holders out of them. I have one done so far and it looks great. To test it out, I put some beads in it and placed it in my other 100 (or is it 150?) count humidor which has had a problem staying at 70 lately. The next morning, wa-la. Problem solved. I plan on getting some pics of these done too once I get a camera. Just thought I'd share the updates.

Oh! And a special thanks to Lucasbuck and Bayoucritter for giving me the tins. I really appriciated it guys!
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote