Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:49 AM   #31
Boss Hogg

One of the cool lessons in physics is what happens to the Otterbox after you've been on a plane. The latches are loose but the box stays VERY shut. You need a coin to pry it open.
Boss Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:05 AM   #32
macattak

I've had the yellow box for a few years now and it's still working great. The pressure relief valve comes in handy after you've been on the plane. I bought the yellow one to keep my cigars dry when we go on our annual float trip on the Current river. The bright color is a lot easier to see when it falls overboard and you're not seeing real well.

My only complaint is the foam is pretty floppy. Cigar Solutions has some stiffer inserts that I just bought and they work great. They come in both robusto and churchill sizes so you can make your box hold 18, 20, 22 or 24 smokes.
macattak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #33
boilermaker

i just got my 10 count otterbox and its amazing...i cant bring myself to tests it waterproofness though
boilermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #34
debaire
Herf Meister

Just received a 5 count otterbox. It says it will hold churchill sized cigars. Will it handle torpedos or robustos? Or do I need new foam...I can't tell if it'll crush them or keep them firmly in place....

Fine, twist my arm, I'll smoke a cigar.
RIP cubano67, knife
Full Flavor Federation (FFF) - Charter Member
debaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #35
Cyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaire
Just received a 5 count otterbox. It says it will hold churchill sized cigars. Will it handle torpedos or robustos? Or do I need new foam...I can't tell if it'll crush them or keep them firmly in place....
It will take care of them just fine... I have a couple of large ring gauge Indian Tabacs in mine and they are OK.

Cheers,

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer; it just seems longer." -- Clement Freud
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote