Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #1
N8DCJ
Club Member

Which Davidoff should I try

I have had a few in the past that I really liked , but , I do not recall what they were...

So , I am looking for advice...

I typically smoke the following...

Montecristo:
Montecristo Classic (Churchill)
#2 (domestic and other)
White Label
White Vintage
Media Noche

Ashton:
Classic (Churchill)
Aged Maduro

Punch:
Rare Corojo

Romeo y Julieta:

and a few others , but , the above ones are the ones I always gravitate back to...

so any advice would be appreciated...

TIA

Dan

p.s. might as well comment on Alec Bradley and Rocky's too as they are on my radar...
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Any genuine Davidoff from ISOM you can find. Never had one and likely never will. Heard that the domestic production is world's apart from the Cubans, but I will likely be unable to make a comparison in this lifetime.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
Ted
Club Member

Most (domestic) Davidoff's are fairly mild with subtle flavors and on the high end of the price scale.

That said, the Millenium and Nicaragua blends are both very good - solid medium body with fuller flavors.
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

Wink

Dom Perignon

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

A Davidoff from cuba would be a quite few years old (they withdrew from the island), I know they exist, but not sure it makes my bucket list

Davidoffs are in my opinion great cigars (the ones you can buy legally in the US).

I suggest you try a Special R and a Special T and then try the Nicaraguan line and the Escorial blend. The Double R is another fantastic cigar. But that is just my opinion.

Some people here don't like the Davidoff line because they are not what you can call a value line, but their construction is almost always perfect, and the taste is extremely consistent.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
N8DCJ
Club Member

After looking around I am leaning towards this...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/s...t-box/#p-53975

Dan
Old 02-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #7
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
Some people here don't like the Davidoff line because they are not what you can call a value line,
Grtrx

I can understand that , I have been trying to find an inexpensive cigar that I like , but ,I haven't had any luck so I keep returning to the price range of the ones I listed below... with the exception of the Punch which isn't too expensive... I figure it is better to buy ones that I know I like rather than gamble... I may go back to buying samplers in my quest for cheaper cigars (sort of contradicted myself there didn't I ) , but , I will always have the ones from below in stock...

Dan

p.s. If I had the $$ I would pursue a box of Cuban Davidoffs to try them.... oh well maybe some day...
Old 02-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

if you do pursue the cubans expect to pay 100 bucks per stick, and remember they were last made in 1991, so they may be past their prime and - oh - many, many counterfeits out there

I truly like the Davidoff line a great deal. But people will recoil in horror at the price. I figure its an indulgence.

You might try to dabble in some of the smaller brands... I would recommend Matilda (the oscura is a fantastic cigar) Aging Room, Casa Magna... I think Smoke Inn still has the samplers of the Top 10 Cigars of 2015 which is a great sampler

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Rocky Patel I gave up on, way way way too many lines to keep straight

Old 02-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #10
ronin
The Duke
Herf God

You might also want to try the re-blended Winston Churchill line from Davidoff. All seco leaves from three countries. Interesting blend that I enjoy.