Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #1
Jimdandee

Size: 6.13 x 48 boxpressed

This is the first time I ever tried this cigar. I have been smoking the #2 and # 3 in maduro for years and love em. So I was fairly excited about trying this one.
The wrapper was a beautiful smooth deep brown with a nice oily sheen. The construction was wonderful..nice uniform solid fill and a wonderful crisp box press.
The draw was great..just perfect. It burned dead on even, lasted over an hour and never needed a relight. For you ash men out there....this was a semi solid ash light gray in color. The flavor profile on this cigar starts out real nice and reminds me of a #3 in maduro. About 1/4 of the way into it, it changed...and it changed bigtime. The flavors exploded...it became a rich tastey smoke with layers and layers of great complex flavors. Some nice spice, some chocolate, and a really unique creamy flavor.
I would call it medium bodied, but loaded to the max with flavor. To my ever so humble palate the blend on this must be slightly different than the regular Excaliburs..or I just got a really good one. I got this cigar as a gift from a good guy on the board I used to post at...along with some other great smokes...so I really don't know how much age it had on it...I have had it for a few months I think. In any event, I really enjoyed this and am scoping the market for a few boxes at great prices..anyone got a good web site where I can score a few boxes CHEAP..lol