Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
jojoscigars
Club Member

any one have a good one or which is the best. where to get them cheaper .please let me know jojo ps or would you go with another lighter .i know bics.....

Life is like a cigar, It starts out fine,Gets a little crazy in the middle and ends with a mystrey.

Edited by - duffer on 04/18/2002 10:28:46 PM
Old 04-18-2002, 09:27 PM   #2
Boxdoctor
Herf Meister

Get the new one with 3 flames. Can be had for about $80. First colibri Ive had that works well. All the previous ones had to go in for frequent service. Doc

Rafael Gonzalez
Old 04-18-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
Raging Bull

Colibris are okay, but you have to bleed them every so often.

-Joe Pesci "Raging Bull"
Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:21 AM   #4
mhotek

Stick with the Trifecta, Triplex, Talon, Jet, Magnum, and Oscar. They are the ones with teh fewest problems. You can dig up Trifectas and Triplexes for about $65.

I like my Dupont X.tend, but it is getting pushed aside for my Slim Laser. It's tough to say no to a lighter that looks like that and comes with a lifetime warranty. I'm also just starting the test on the Vector lighters. The Gear and Pinnacle claim to be able to light up to about 600 cigars on a single tank and come with a 5 year warranty.

If I had to rate them from what I've seen for best warranties, fewest problems, and best performance I would go with the following:

1. Solo - Laser, Trek, Slim Laser, etc.
2. Vector - Gear, Pinnacle, etc.
3. Dupont X.tend
4. Colibri
Old 04-19-2002, 01:22 AM   #5
HBooker
Club Member

I got to test drive a few lighters and that Solo line looks like the winner for me (for nice looking) And even more affordable.
My functional one as a favorite came in one of those cheapo delux cards for like 5 bucks.

But if your thinking about a new lighter, I would have to say Check out Mhoteks new deal he has a lighter on his site that comes with LIFETIME fuel.
Now thats a bargain.
Ok IM a shill..
But I like Mike's offers.

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 07:15 AM   #6
canjuneh
Starting Member

I won a Colibri Chancellor at the CF charity auction, it should be arriving any day now.
Any suggestions regarding this lighter would be greatly appreciated.

Bill.

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear hemets?.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:16 AM   #7
Shubby

jojo

I use a Colibri Director whenever I'm out of the house. I really like the built-in cutter. The first one I got had many problems, but I returned it and had it replaced with a brand new one from Colibri at no extra charge--I haven't had a problem since almost a year ago.

Try this site for lighters:

https://www.abcwatches.com/home.asp

One of the better prices I've seen out there on C. Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:24 AM   #8
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

I have the Colibri Trifecta. (The three flames) I LOVE it. Ditto the comments on bleeding it every so often.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. --Mark Twain
-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 09:35 AM   #9
mhotek

Just so everyone knows. We sold out of our Director's and removed them from our site. When we last talked to Colibri, these were in a "sell and drop" status which I assume means they are being discontinued. We can't get anymore even if we wanted them. So that means if you have problems with the Director, you wind up in a LOVELY situation of trying to get service on a discontinued model.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:16 PM   #10
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

I have a Trifecta. Great lighter, but I have had to send it in once for repair. Colibri is pretty slow on repairs. For a medium priced lighter, I prefer Prometheus or the Dupont eXtend. I haven't checked out the newer lighters that Mike comments on.

Please remember to visit our sponsors

My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote