Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

New Reviews--volunteers needed!

We are about to be able to offer a number of new cigars for purposes of reviews. I am asking for volunteers to smoke and rate these cigars for compilation into reviews for the magazine. I am looking for 4 or 5 volunteers. By submitting your name, you agree to the following requirements:

• Each of the reviewers will receive at least two of each cigar to be evaluated.
  • This is NOT a blind review. It's not "sponsored" but the cigars are submitted by a retailer and there will be a link to the retailer.
  • We'll document a review format for consistency, but use your voice. Scoring guidelines will be provided too.
  • You will have two weeks to smoke both cigars, take pictures, and write the reviews.
  • You agree to have your CW handle published as the author of a reviewif not your name and handle.

If you've been here for 6 months or more, have 50 posts or more, and agree to the 2-week deadline, you're eligible--only because we don't want to have folks show up, collect free cigars and disappear without a review. Eligible people who respond to this thread indicating they want to take part are in. To be formal (and to keep me from tearing my hair out), please send me a PM titled "Cigar Review" that contains your handle, name and address and whether you would prefer to be quoted by your CW handle or both real name and handle. I will reply with a message confirming your participation.

This is a unique opportunity to smoke a few free cigars and to register your opinions of them in print internationally. We have some really nice, top shelf brands set to review. Thank you for your time and attention.

BigO

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by BigJohn; 03-02-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity - NOT a blind review...