Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
jsnake
Starting Member

Review & Contest: Win a box of Punch Rare Corojo 10th Anniversary

Size: 5.5X50
Wrapper: Connecticut Corojo
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan
Price: $6.50

Punch Rare Corojo is the one Punch cigar that all of my friends seem to enjoy. We might all disagree about other blends but when I threw out the question of which Punch cigar they would recommend the overwhelming response was Rare Corojo. The regular blend used an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper but the 10th Anniversary blend features a Connecticut Corojo.

Construction: Overall this is a great looking cigar. One thing I really like that doesn't have any impact on how good the cigar is, is the updated band that makes this cigar stand out from all other Punch Cigars. A second band has the Rare Corojo name on it so you could tell it apart anyways, but I really like the new look and hope we see this more in the future. The wrapper is a nice medium, reddish brown, with extremely small veins and a nice smooth feel. I notice some color variations I would call highlights throughout the wrapper. This cigar has a fantastic box press and looks and feels evenly packed. When squeezing the cigar there is a little more give which is expected since this is a box press. The cap is placed just right and done with care.

The wrapper aroma is so faint I cannot distinguish it while the foot has an earthy aroma with spice. The pre-light draw is just right with slightly sweet tobacco with spice. After lighting the foot the air is filled with tons of great smoke. General Cigar provided the samples for review and also supplied a box to giveaway to one of my lucky readers. Details on how to enter are at the end of this review.

Read more, see the pics, and enter here:
http://cigarcatadore.blogspot.com/20...-box.html#more
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote