Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-18-2002, 11:11 AM   #11

i've also heard some guys on other boards who put small fans like a computer fan in thiers
Old 07-18-2002, 01:48 PM   #12
mhotek

Some people put build shelves, trays, add fans, add cooling units, etc. You name it, it has been done to a cooler. Can you? Absolutely. Do you need to? Nope.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:37 PM   #13
sd_smoker
Club Member

Those of you who use the Climmax beads, what do you put the beads in? I've seen a lot of people just put them on a plate or something slightly concave, but this would use too much valuable storage room in my situation. Would a couple of those disposable tupperware containers with holes in the lid work? or would the beads not have enough surface area exposed?
"Personal charisma is a force that undermines institutions as often as it sustains them. Political institutions need the more reliable buttresses of tradition and duty. Mass emotionalism and celebrity-worship are hostile to any constitutional system."
sd_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:25 PM   #14
mhotek

A soapdish will work as would an open tupperware container.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:27 AM   #15
Castanza
Club Member

I have read other threads about how much water you need. It sounds like very little. Can you add to much water,and ruin them. I understand that if you dilute them initially, they can crack and split.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #16
Cigarnv

Regarding cooladors..being air tight there is no way for moisture to escape in a closed position. I try to keep mine full so that the the cigars and boxes for the most part serve as the humidification buffer. In effect once it is at the humidity you like it stays there. I have several that are full(I use empty boxes to fill in the empty space) that require no humidification device. If the humidity drops I pop in a sponge with distilled water for a day and I am good to go for another 6 months. Save money on humidification and spend it to buy a Radio Shack digital humidity device that transmits the temp and humidity and you are good to go.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:22 PM   #17
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

I put the beads in small plastic containers.

But I like the soap dish idea. Too bad I didn't think of it when I setup my coolers.

Edited by - fvfanmc on 07/21/2002 6:23:16 PM
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 10:58 PM   #18
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Hey Mike, why can't you use a soapdish, now?

I went and bought a piece of quarter sawn Spanish cedar. The guy actually gave it to me because it was about a six foot scrap. I have only one box in each cooler, so I simply cut the cedar, and made it the bottom, lining of the cooler. Works well, smells great, and I needed it as I have singles galore in each box.

Who tagged BigO's wiener?

Snot Face of the White Werewolves MC

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote