Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
N8sobes1216
Starting Member

Camacho American Barrel Aged

I'm curious to see if this stick is a gimmick..has anyone ever tried it? I feel like if it isn't a gimmick I would enjoy it since I'm a bourbon lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N8sobes1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
bigalp
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8sobes1216 View Post
I'm curious to see if this stick is a gimmick..has anyone ever tried it? I feel like if it isn't a gimmick I would enjoy it since I'm a bourbon lover.

Excellent Cigar. Nothing gimmicky about it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
bigalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
N8sobes1216
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalp View Post
Excellent Cigar. Nothing gimmicky about it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know.

N8sobes1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Camacho has been a CWers' favorite for a long time. I haven't had too many of them, and not this one, that's to be certain. But many other have, although I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that most here will not or do not care for the new "branding" with those big-assed "bands" covering the entire cigar.

We're a bit crochety (but harmless) especially when it comes to stuff like "branding" and "over-the-top" packaging.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
Gene
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Camacho has been a CWers' favorite for a long time. I haven't had too many of them, and not this one, that's to be certain. But many other have, although I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that most here will not or do not care for the new "branding" with those big-assed "bands" covering the entire cigar.

We're a bit crochety (but harmless) especially when it comes to stuff like "branding" and "over-the-top" packaging.

I was a big time Camacho smoker when the Eiroa's (sp?) owned the line.

At 59 years old I have yet to show attitude, swagger or embraced being infamous, so quite honestly this new direction a total turnoff.

Now get off my lawn!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Hi GENE!
well, let me tell you. So many product on the shelves these days that getting noticed is the marketing trend. Have you seen the new Torano's?

The good great news is that the cigars are good. You just have to deband them BEFORE you you light them, rather than before you nub them...
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

John, I WILL say, that the FDA aside, I don't know that there's ever been a better time for cigar smokers. There are fewer and fewer truly bad cigars on the premium market. The tobaccos are better and plentiful, and the cigars, simply delicious.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote